Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Have I Offended You, Dear Reader?

I appreciate the many folks who read this blog. Some of them I necessarily offend, because I affirm that men are sinners and that the gospel is that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, to the glory of God alone. That message in itself is bound to offend sinners who don't wish to be identified as such and those who preach other gospels. That offense is simply inevitable. Nevertheless, I may also inadvertently offend others. This blog post is designed to serve as a clearinghouse for your complaints that I've offended you. You can submit a comment here, and I'll read it. If I can, I'll try to remedy the offense.

By the way, don't assume that I know I offended you. At the present, I'm blissfully unaware of any such cases. Nevertheless, I realize that they may exist despite my best efforts not to give unnecessary offense. So please - if I have offended you, please let me know.

6 comments:

Pilgrimsarbour said...

TurretinFan,

I'm offended!

You'll interact with every nasty commenter in the blogosphere who comes up with the most inane, insipid, ridiculous arguments for their position. But you won't interact with my inane, insipid, ridiculous arguments.

What's it going to take? Do I have to insult you to get you to acknowledge me? I mean, really.

Very well, then, here goes...

You're a green, green meanie who, er, never really tries to, er, understand the, uh, other, you know...

You mean person!

Greatest blessings in Christ,

Pilgrimsarbour

Ryan said...

2 Corinthians 12:19

dwoods said...

Dear TurretinFan;
Dead men don't respond! If one is dead to self, one is incapable of response.
I enjoy your retorts on YT and FB. However; these sights seem to be awash in a cult of personality worship. Finney, Calvin, Arminius, Turretin, Oprah, Obama...
So keep up the mediocre work and I'll keep on reading.
It will be great when you, White, LaneChaplin and others graduate to Christ alone ;-)
Have I offended You?

Turretinfan said...

It is good to be reminded that we should be Christians before we are Calvinists or fans of Turretin.

Anonymous said...

Now, to take the high ground, then, seeing I find Pilgrimsarbour's comments the most convincing response so far:::>

Mat 6:14 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you,
Mat 6:15 but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Tormentors anyone? :)

Lucian said...

Yes. Many times.